Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Reading Notes: Brer Rabbit Part B

This week I have decided to read Brer Rabbit by Joel Chandler Harris. I actually chose this reading based on a friend's suggestion so I am excited to see what it is about. Below are my reading notes over part B:

  • I think its neat how much onamonapia there is through out the reading. This really forces the reader to read out loud to get the full effect of the story. The storytelling I write this week will probably incorporate this in somewhere.
  • Sometimes the language is hard to follow when reading in your head which really forces the reader to read aloud. This would be neat because it is almost constant dialogue from a third person storyteller.
  • I think it is neat that there are similar stories in Brer Rabbit from different times. These stories remind me a lot of Aesop's fables where there is a moral
  • It would be interesting to incorporate a vowel shift throughout the story I write this week. Similar to how there are accents in the North or South U.S.
  • The last element I may try to include would be the short songs or verses that the animals sing. It is almost campfire esque.  
(illustration by A. B. Frost)

No comments:

Post a Comment