Thursday, October 6, 2016

Week 8 Reflections

Over the semester I think my favorite reading assignment thus far has been the classical units. I really enjoyed reading the Odyssey and Aesop's Fables. One thing I felt like I have done well is focused more on the delivery and presentation of the story versus the actual content. Reading like a writer is something that takes training of your eye and mind to do. My favorite story I have written thus far is The Lone wolf. It is themed after the wolves that appear in Aesop's fables. I was able to also include the suspense delivery which is characteristic of the fables. One thing I want to continue to improve on my writing is my use of dialogue throughout the story. I feel that one thing that has helped me in this class is to see the different writing styles of everyone. It gives a good diverse look at the ways to deliver a story. Thanks for reading!

Image result for wolf drinking at river
W.H. Drake: The Two Jungle Books

No comments:

Post a Comment