Thursday, October 6, 2016

Growth Mindset: Self Reflection

One thing that I take well in this class is feedback on my writing skills. I am very open to this feedback because I know that writing isn't my strong suit. However, in a setting where I consider myself more technically sound I usually have a harder time taking constructive criticism. For example, this past summer I had to do a presentation for work and my public speaking skills aren't my strong suit. However, once I got passed my personal pride I was able to receive that feedback and ultimately turn myself into a better speaker and presenter. Continual self development is a key component of growth mindset and a healthy mind and it starts with receiving constructive criticism. Thanks for reading.

Image result for public speaking
Wikimedia: Public Speaking

No comments:

Post a Comment