Thursday, October 6, 2016

Famous Last Words Week 7: Planning Ahead

This past week was especially tough and stressful. For one, in my other classes I had a pretty difficult test. In addition, I found it stressful that our teacher would not let us ask any questions during the test, because some of the problems were not absolutely clear on what they were asking. Instead you have to state all your assumptions. So in that aspect, I guess I just have to hope I got lucky and made all the correct assumptions for the test. Besides that test though, I received a few of my other test scores back from my formation evaluation class and my structural class. Both of which I was fairly pleased with and let off a great deal of anxiousness off of my shoulders.

As far as this class was concerned I was disappointed that I did not think of a good continuum for my Sinbad the Sailor tales for my portfolio. This was due to my heavy obligations in my other classes, but I'm still upset to not finish. However, since that I felt that the week went fairly well. My storytelling this week I felt like was some of my better writing for the semester still yet. In my opinion, the story is as if you took a negative copy of a photograph. If you have ever seen an original "negative" copy of a photograph, then you know it is the complete opposite of the regular photo. This was the approach that I took for this week's storytelling. It turned out really well and gave the original story a great twist. In the week's upcoming I hope to continue to explore new writing styles. The one I did this week seemed to just spur upon me as I did not receive the idea prior to writing it.

On a completely separate note I am looking forward to spring break coming up even though it is still far away. My friends and I are trying to plan a cruise and will probably book it soon so that the fares are still reasonable. It will be nice to take a break from school and relax for my senior year. I am hoping everything will work out for the trip and looks something like this picture. Thanks for reading.

Image result for cruise vacation
Wikipedia: Norwegian Dawn

1 comment:

  1. It seems like this last week was stressful for many people! You would think having OU-Texas would help make it less stressful, but I think it just added to it because people were trying to get everything accomplished before the weekend. I agree that your story this week was very good! I really enjoyed reading it and thought you did a great job. I hope this next week treats you better!

    ReplyDelete