Sunday, October 2, 2016

Famous Last Words: On to the next

This week has been a very up and down week. In my other classes I had a test on Monday and project on Wednesday which made for a hectic studying situation. I feel as if I did better on my geophysics test on Monday however intuitively the project should have been easier. I guess I really wont know until I get the grade back in both classes but those are just my initial gut feelings. Nonetheless I am glad to be done with them and next week should contain a lighter load, as I only have one test on Wednesday in my reservoir engineering course.

Image result for test taking meme
Wikipedia: Be Like Bill

In this class I was happier with the assigned readings. I decided to read Brer Rabbit and it reminded me of a Cajun style Aesop's fables in a way, even though it was an African Tale The plot really was similarly setup and had a somewhat similar delivery of the story. In addition, I was a fan of the use of animals throughout the story. I find it to usually be a much less complex story, which is more of my liking. Also this week I felt that my storytelling wasn't the best I've had on initial writes, but it was definitely not the worst. I would say "Brer Rabbit Adventure" will eventually make my portfolio after a few edits and maybe a few more developing plot lines. This story was a little more difficult to write because I attempted to write the story using a combination of a moral ending like the Aesop's fables.. I struggled with whether or not to add dialogue, but I ended up not putting any to maintain different than "The Lone Wolf". I was pleased with the different view it gave on my story and it helped provide more detail of the events than just a first person narrative. I am looking to possibly expand and try another technique next. Thanks for reading and have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment