Thursday, August 25, 2016

Storybook Favorites

The first storybook I looked at was Jordan Lundeen's. The title was Jason and the Argonauts' Quest and immediately I felt intrigued to find out what an Argonaut was and what was the quest. I liked the "hook" sense of the title and generally just the overall layout of Jordan's blog. It seemed to be very simply organized and I liked the font of the text. My favorite entry of his was entry 11, named “The last straw”. It reminded me of the saying of the last straw which broke the camel’s back. The next storybook that I looked like was Mermaid Tales of the world. I liked this storybook setup for its similar simplistic design and ease to follow. In addition, I really was intrigued by the picture on the homepage. There are a multitude of details within the picture that draw you to the mermaid in the center, so I found that interesting. I have never read much about mermaids, but I do remember watching a documentary about whether they are a myth or not. So all in all, I’m intrigued by this storybook for its topic and design. The last Storybook I looked at from the random storybook generator was titled Greek Heroes. My favorite story was The Son of Zeus of the storybooks. I am a fan of Greek mythology and this seemed to give an interesting insight and more perspective to the life around Zeus. This also sticks with the theme of this entire storybook collection, being that these are the untold mysteries of Greek Heroes. In addition, this site had a similar setup to the previous two which I was a fan of. I like the simplicity and ease of navigation. Also I like the introduction from this specific storybook because it leads into the rest of the future stories.

Hercules and the Lion. The Nemean Lion

No comments:

Post a Comment