Sunday, August 28, 2016

Wikipedia Trail: From Homer's Odyssey to Napoleon Bonaparte

Since I plan on reading Homer's Odyssey this upcoming week I decided to start my trail here. I then began looking at where geographically did this myth take place and I stumbled upon the Ionian Islands. These are the islands just off the west coast of Greece which Odysseus will travel. Then I started to look into the history of the Islands and actually stumbled across the Treaty of Paris. Which in this case stated that these islands were now under British territory in 1815. I found this interesting just for the simple fact that I remember talking about the Treaty of Paris in history class as a high school student. The last link I stumbled upon was Napoleon Bonaparte. This was connected due to he was defeated in 1815 and ultimately was the reason for the signing of the treaty.

Wikipedia: Ionian Islands

No comments:

Post a Comment